The Director General and GHS Secretariat is headed by Deputy Director, Administration. The Secretariat serves as the main administrative machinery supporting the day-to-day operations of GHS Council and ODG. It coordinates the activities of the Units under ODG to ensure cohesion.
The core function is to ensure efficient provision and management of administrative services that are capable of contributing to the larger GHS goal of strengthening governance and improving efficiency and effectiveness of the health system.
The key areas of responsibilities include:
- Provision of general administrative and support services for the effective and efficient running of ODG and GHS Council
- General office management and administration including handling correspondences to and from the desk of Director General and deputy director General
- Coordinating preparation of annual work plans & budgets and ensuring preparation and timely submission of periodic operational reports for ODG
- Providing administrative liaison services between ODG and the Headquarters Directorates as well as the regions
- Providing administrative liaison services between GHS Council and Headquarters Divisions and Regions
- Providing administrative support including arranging for meetings, collecting, organizing and circulating relevant information, documents and other papers required for meetings, writing, filling and securing minutes of meetings for GHS Council and Headquarters Directors.
- Assisting in drafting annual work plans for the GHS council and administering the programmes and policies laid down by GHS Council.
- Ensuring that Council decisions and instructions are properly carried out and communicated
- Provision of guidance and advice on matters of GHS Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Procedures
- Coordinating Medical Treatment Abroad
- Assisting in matters of staff welfare including endorsement of staff loans
- Registry management, receiving, sorting and distributing incoming and outgoing mails at ODG