Mandate of the Division
To ensure the availability of competent and motivated health workforce, in their right numbers and mix, at the right places and doing the right jobs.
Functions of the Division
- Develop operational Human Resource (HR) policies.
- Develop and implement performance management system.
- Develop, implement and ensure regular reviews of staffing norms.
- Ensure recruitment, deployment and retention of employees the Service.
- Ensure continuous update of knowledge and skills of employees of the Service.
- Maintain HR information system of the Service.
- Lead in the preparation of HR plans, Budgets and ensure the sanctity of the government payroll.
- Lead in the development, implementation and management of a functional welfare scheme for employees of the Service.
- Provide Technical advice to the Director General on HR issues of the Service.
- Training and Capacity Development
- Human Resource Planning and Monitoring
- Human Resource Management
- Industrial Relations (not yet functional)