The IME Department is responsible for:
- Designing, managing, training, and deploying of systems for health information management within the health sector
- Periodic monitoring of activities on the implementation of health policies, utilization of health resources and the attainment of coverage targets as well as utilization of services and improvement in health status;
- Coordinating the publication of documents relating to activities of the Ghana Health Service (annual and other periodic reports) and ensuring proper documentation and dissemination of relevant information;
- Providing technical support to the internal efforts of GHS.
The Department comprises the following three units:
Office of Deputy Director IME
It coordinates activities of the IME Department and provide technical lead on innovations and technology in the Service
The Monitoring and Evaluation Unit
The Unit is responsible for:
- Performance monitoring, documentation, dissemination and evaluation
- Collaborating with all other directorates to set up health management information systems for planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Coordinating the development of systems for data collection, storage and analysis at all levels of the health system;
- Monitoring the implementation of programmes, utilization of health resources and services, the attainment of coverage targets and health status;
- Coordinating the publication of documents relating to activities of the Ghana Health Service, ensuring proper documentation and dissemination of these activities and information relevant to these;
- Facilitating convergence of information for easy access by decision-makers.
Centre for Health Information Management (CHIM)
The Department is responsible for:
- Collating, analyzing and storing all data on service utilization;
- Providing periodic evidence of performance through routine reporting systems;
- Working with all directorates to organize reporting systems, initiate mechanisms that ensure data reliability and reflect the true level of health performance;
- Leading and strengthening data and information support, training in data management and providing assistance in data management within other divisions.