The NVHCP began early 2020 with only the Data Manager until July 2020 when a Programme Manager was assigned to run the Programme. The Programme enjoyed the collaboration and kind support of the WHO Country Office (Hepatitis Focal Point), the Hepatitis Foundation of Ghana, members of the Hepatitis Society of Ghana, the administration of the Public Health Division and the Office of the Director General and Ministry of Health.
The NVHCP is responsible for:
- Coordinating the implementation of an enhanced surveillance, prevention and control of viral hepatitis in Ghana
- Designing and implementing intervention to reduce viral hepatitis morbidity and mortality to the barest minimum
- Conducting relevant research to support the treatment and control of the disease.
- Providing treatment and support for those infected with viral hepatitis
- Providing direction and guidance for all stakeholders to play their respective roles in the establishment and implementation of an effective surveillance for prevention and control of viral hepatitis.