The Public Relations Unit of the Service serves as an official mouthpiece of the Service and a liaison between the internal and external publics. Its mandate is to ensure that good public image of the Service is built and maintained through healthy media and public relations.
The Unit performs the following functions:
- Media relations and liaison- traditional media and social media
- Protocol and event management
- Supporting Health Promotion Division in developing health promotion materials
- Attending to general enquiries from the general public.
- Crisis communication and management
- Publications as required by the Service
- Media monitoring, evaluation and actions
- Creating visibility for the service.
- Responding to media enquiries and interviews
- Social media management
- Maintaining a library of publications, video recordings and photographs of the Service activities for reference
- Administrative assignments given by the Director General