Mandate Of The Training And Capacity Development Department
The Training and Capacity Development Department has the mandate to ensure optimum human resources knowledge, skills development and performance through planned and coordinated training and educational programmes within the MOH/GHS and with other external training agencies.
Key among the activities that are undertaken by the Department are to;
- Be responsible for post-basic training programmes including fellowships administration, learning resource development and in-service training.
- Rollout in-service training programs.
- Supervise the administration and management of study leaves.
- Lead in the training needs assessment of staff and initiate staff training and development policies.
- Manage training information system.
- Develop and evaluate relevant curricular.
The Training and Capacity Development Department has the following Units:
- In-service Training/Staff Education
- Career Guidance and Counseling