The Right to Information Act, 2019 (ACT 989) was passed by Parliament of Ghana in 2019, and assented to by the President same year to give constitutional right to access to information held by public institutions.
The Ghana Health Service recognizes the importance of the RTI law to foster a culture of transparency and accountability in public affairs particularly in a democratic society like Ghana. Our RTI implementation plans and procedures are guided by five fundamental principles relevant to access to information. These principles are legal guarantees of access to information, proactive disclosure, access to information implementation and procedures, adherence to best international standards and respect for individuals’ right to privacy.
In accordance to the law, the Right to Information Officer is located at the office of the Director General precisely the Public Relations Unit of the Service with Ms. Eugenia Adobea Addo as the first contact to such cause. The Ghana Health Service, still encourages the general public to adhere to all COVID-19 protocols, in line with this we advise applicants seeking information under this law to fill and complete the RTI form. Click here to download the form and forward the filled out form to email@example.com
In accordance with Section 18 of the RTI Act, 2019, application to access information within the Ghana Health Service can be made in writing or orally.
Application in writing must satisfy the following:
- Addressed to the Information Officer of Ghana Health Service
- Contain sufficient description or particulars to enable the information to be easily identified.
- Indicate the form and manner of access required.
- State the capacity of the applicant to the satisfaction of the information officer to whom the application is made, if the application is made on behalf of another person.
- State the name of the applicant, an address to which a communication or notice can be sent.
- Provide identification of the applicant.
- To be signed by the applicant.
Click on the link below to download the RTI Standard Application Form , fill it out and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ghana Health Service
Access to Information Division. ATI Division, Ministry of Information GA-076-8230 Information Drive Adabraka, AccraTelephone: 03022497993 | 03022498016